Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The best denim skirt I have ever made!



I used Vogue 8315. As you can see, I altered it quite a bit. :) Immediately noticable is that I made a skirt and it's a dress pattern. I also narrowed the flares down two inches on each piece just so I would have enough fabric and it's plenty full without those extra 16+ inches!



I had to taper the top pieces in to fit my waist and drafted my own waistband pattern. The belt loops and the topstitching make it more casual, but with the right top and shoes it is quite dressy! :D The waistband facing and the hem facing are both brown cotton. I love doing that, but forgot to take a picture!

It works great with sandals for warm weather and I am looking forward to wearing it with tall boots this fall/winter. It is a very versatile weight 100% cotton denim from Joanns, purchased with a coupon, of course! :)

1 comment:

Janel said...

I love that! It looks like it would be an awesome skirt.

Great job!