Friday, April 18, 2008

Vintage Style Blouse


I altered this cute dress pattern to make a blouse. I'd already made a muslin for a now almost finished dress, so I knew it would fit (perfectly, too, in my opinion!). I couldn't pass up this perfectly darling fabric when I saw it. With only 1 1/4 yds, I knew I'd have to be careful with the pattern choice. This was the perfect one!


Results: The ghost of a vintage pattern updated for the empire waist fashions of today!

The right side of the fabric was too bright for me, so I have the wrong side out; it's so much more pretty that way! It's lined with white muslin, but is still lightweight and perfect for the unbearable heat I'm anticipating this summer.

3 comments:

TW said...

I love it! Your creative talent strikes again.

Love, TW

Hannah said...

So cute! Now I think I shall have to try to duplicate it!:-D

Keep the sewing project updates coming!

Anonymous said...

That is an adorable shirt!!