Sunday, January 20, 2008

A story of flannel

I've made quite a few flannel items since the beginning of December and I decided it would be best to compose them all into one post.

These were a Christmas gift for my younger sister along with the dark purple turtleneck.



Cuff detail with the fancy stitching I did on it:

I made these for my brother, also for Christmas. As I was at the cutting counter I remembered, so while the clerk was cutting my other fabric, I had a few minutes to browse for something suitable. I would have chosen this one if I'd had hours to choose it. I really, really like it and so does my brother. I used McCalls 9638.



I decided to make the back of the pockets a solid black.


Again, another Christmas gift. I made two sets of these pjs for my younger brothers using Simplicity 4381. I should have moved the buttons up farther; I'll do that next time.


Collar detail:


The wavy stitch on the pockets and hems:


I've wanted to wear more skirts this winter, but I freeze every time I wear them. So I made two flannel slips to wear and they are much warmer! I didn't want ordinary white, so I made them in fun colors. For both of them I traced off existing slips. This pink one is my shorter one and I used the wazy stitch again.


This blue one is very long and very cozy. I was originally going to put lace on the hem, but didn't have enough, so I went with a ruffle and bias tape instead.


It seems that I make something flannel every year. ;)

2 comments:

Lauren Christine said...

Oh, the petticoats are lovely! I appreciate the ruffle. Truly feminine and pretty!!!

Jen said...

I love the petticoats too! I really should make one up for myself. The blue and white one you made is particularly lovely. :)