Sunday, March 2, 2008

A purse for Spring!

I made up my own pattern for this. I'm not completely happy with the way it turned out (I wish I had applied interfacing to the outside pieces!) and I'll definitely make some changes next time. Oh well. I used just scraps from my stash and I'm quite excited about the possibilities of making more!

Here's a shot of the front. I forgot to get a picture of the side, but you can barely tell that the sides and bottom are the solid brown.



A pocket for a pen and one for a compact, a small wallet or whatever fits best. I used up a little piece of pink rick rack that I've had around for several months now. *happy smile*



A cell phone slot on the other end. The lining is the same as the strap and top border.




I've gotten into the habit of not showing anyone my progress as I go along on a project. I just surprise them with the finished product! It's great fun and gives me more incentive to finish things quickly!

~Kyna

No comments: