Saturday, May 31, 2008

Vintage Advance 2249 - Forties Afternoon Dress

I have completely fallen in love with this dress. It's so elegant!

There was no instructions with the unprinted pattern, but it wasn't too difficult to figure it out. I used a sweet pink floral cotton print that I found on clearance at Joanns and lined it with muslin. There is a left side zipper opening that has an invisible zipper and the back ties define a shape so that it doesn't look like a twenties dress. Six pink buttons and pale pink rick rack finished the look.









First the bow, then the front collar and darts detail. Lastly, the back keyhole opening.

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

beautiful!!!!

-Rebecca (flowershopgirl on S&S)

Elisabeth Grace Foley said...

That is so sweet! I love it.

Elisabeth Grace Foley said...

I've just been looking through your older posts, and I am absolutely in awe of your sewing skills! I've been thouroughly enjyoing looking at all the lovely clothes and accessories you've created.

Clare said...

Oh, it's charming! So sweet and spring-like. And your shoes are just adorable!

---Clare

Amy said...

How adorable! The rick-rack adds the perfect touch!

Cherry_Ames from S&S

TW said...

Lovely, as always! I'm glad to see a post - I have been checking. Hope you're enjoying yourself!

Love,

T.W.

~ Shannon said...

Absolutely charming! That has to be one of the cutest dresses I have ever seen! The fabric is perfect, and I just love the ric rac.

Yours in Christ,
Shannon (Jo March from S&S forum)

Anonymous said...

It is encouraging to see such a gorgeous dress that is home-made!

Anonymous said...

Thats absolutely lovely!!! I really like your shoes and fan, Kyna!
~Snoopy (From S&S)

Anonymous said...

It is so pretty Kyna!

~Lydia Ford~

(Hidalgo on S&S)