Monday, July 7, 2008

Itty Bitty Baby Dress and Panties

When Lauren posted this dress pattern on her blog, I knew I had to try it! I cut up a very unflattering linen gingham jumper for the main part and some scraps of muslin for lining. I had to purchase more grosgrain ribbon, but I think the effect is worth it! For the panties, I used a Simplicity pattern.



Everything (save the buttonholes) were hand sewn; french seams and all! It took me a few weeks amongst several other projects to get it completed, but it was worth it!

I want to make a matching little boys suit now. :)

5 comments:

Clare said...

It's so adorable! I love the little bows along the skirt hem.

I have a brand-new cousin... I think I'll give this pattern a try for her.

---Clare

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is one of the cutest baby dresses I have ever seen! I love the color and the bows! :D

Lauren Christine said...

Aw, I'm so glad you tried it! I just love your version! :)

TW said...

Adorable! Cowboy boots might not go with it though. ;)

AM said...

TW, haha!

I'll be sure and make a little plaid shirt and jeans to go with the cowboy boots and perhaps a little leather vest. Do you think I could somehow get a little hat with those boots?! ;)