Saturday, September 27, 2008

Summer Blouses - two of three

I've wanted to try this pattern for too long now, so I finally picked out some good "mock-up" fabric and set to work. It's not 100% cotton unfortunately, but it's what I had. I raised the split neckline some and I think I'm happy the way it looks. I chopped several inches off before hemming it, otherwise it would have looked much like a sixties dress and that is not the look I wanted.

Next summer I should be able to put this experience to use with some very pretty cotton floral fabric. The longer length options will be good for jeans and I might get creative with changing the neckline some, too.

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Wow! I love it! What else have you made?:-P

~Annie

TW said...

Who are you? Oh, I remember! :) Hope to see you soon.

Love, Sis

Hannah said...

Ha-ha-ha! Very funny!!!!;-P

Love you too, sis!
~Annie

AM said...

AO: Wouldn't you like to know? :P I've been very busy sewing while you've been away! :D