Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Recent acquisitions

I've been antiquing with my grandmother and discovered these treasures. I won't say how much I paid for each, but believe me, it was a very good price! I'm really looking forward to making all of them. I know I never will, but I can dream, can't I? I sincerely hope to make all the vintage patterns I have acquired, but who has that much time and as I add more and more to "my collection", my hopes to be able to make them all diminish more and more. *smile*

McCalls 2169 - 1957 - Size 4 - Little girls dress and pinafore. All pieces included. Originally $0.45


Hollywood 1546 - Six years - Girls one piece frock with bolero and pantie. blouse and bodice patterns missing. *tear* I think this is from about the same time, but I'm not sure. Perhaps it's earlier as it was originally only $0.15.



This afghan magazine is from 1954, in "good enough" condition and enticing me to make some. Below I have posted two of my favorites, but there is many more to make. In the second picture, the lady reminds me of Irene Dunne.







I do believe this is the greatest find of all - Aprons magazine from 1945! All of the pictures below are from it and a view of all the opposite sides. Now to decide which to start with when I have the time! *dream* The pattern pieces are inside the back cover, they just need to be enlarged.



While it is not frilly, I think the far right one would make a fabulous apron for messy jobs; it is number 19 in the reverse views.


"Many hands make light work", especially when they are all wearing gorgeous aprons!


"Hmm, it tastes perfect".


"Did you hear about...?"


Cinderella, perhaps?


Domestic Diva has it under control







P.S. None of these are for sale and I have no plans to sell them in the future. ;)

1 comment:

Cheri said...

::gasp:: I LOVE your apron patterns!! =) What cute finds!

Cheri (A Joyful Handmaiden from S&S)