Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Simplicity 4077: a pink blouse

I have this darling green floral fabric that I want to make a very pretty blouse out of, but rather than run the risk of it not turning out correctly the first time, I used this pink that I had in my stash to make a "trial" blouse. This trial turned out good enough and better to wear!


I made a few minor changes to the pattern, some unintentional. I changed the collar so that it barely meets in the front. That gap at the neckline on the pattern front really bothered me, so I fixed it! I used snaps instead of buttons and added some ties to the back. I should have made a slightly smaller size, so the ties help bring it in a little, too.

The pleats on the sleeves are not stiched down except for some little hand stitches inside. Next time, I think I will change the sleeves quite a bit, but for this one, it's alright. The little sleeve snaps are useable.



The finish on the collar was the unintentional alteration as I misread the pattern instructions (the first in awhile I've actually bothered to read them on a modern pattern!), so I had to make that nice little bias tape to enclose the collar edges. I can't complain though as it gives such a nice touch! I decided to finish the sleeve cuffs the same way.

I have yet to start the green blouse...

1 comment: