Monday, October 6, 2008

Denim skirt

I have sadly been lacking enough denim skirts and decided that now was the time to rectify it. Well, actually a few months ago was the time, but it takes time to do something about it. ;) This is the second denim skirt I made over the summer, so I'll have to post pics of the first later.

It's below the knee enough that I can wear it with my tall boots and a flannel slip in the winter, but short enough that I can wear it in the summer too with a cute blouse. In a word: versatile.

Professional courtesy dictates that I mention that I used Simplicity 3688, but the similarities are so distant that you can hardly recognize it! Besides narrowing the skirt panels down, lengthening the skirt, and adding extra panels, I moved seams over more than an inch, topstitched all the seams, added a fly in the front and some cool details. The pink you see is the waistband facing! Well you don't see it while I'm wearing it, but you see it in the picture because I showed it to you! And while there is no picture to prove it, I used a pale pink ribbon to hem it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a very cute skirt, could you help me make one?:D

~Snoopy

Rebekah said...

Beautiful work, Kyna! This skirt looks so professional!

-Rebekah