Thursday, October 16, 2008

A pattern tale

This one is to die for, no?
It's the epitome of a charming housewife, yes?

She was probably a farmwife, as it came in an envelope from The Farmer. But, let's not talk about that right now. I will divulge the saddest thing in my entire vintage pattern collecting career....

...this is not the dress that the pattern makes. *tears* Yes, true. When I finally got around to examining every pattern that I possessed (which I should have done much sooner!), I discovered that the pattern pieces do not look anything like the shapes in the illustrations. You can only imagine how upset I was! I had been looking forward to making this dress for months!

Maybe someday I will feel like trying to piece together the pattern that did show up in the envelope, but for now, I want to dream that this dress will someday become a reality in my wardrobe...

No comments: