Monday, October 20, 2008

Wide Leg Pants take 1

I always thought I should try that slanted pocket version, but did not get around to it until now. I already knew I liked the fit of the pants, so why did it take me so long to make this view? Probably that little thing called time... but, anyways, they're done now.

Tan top-stitching adds a finishing touch, but it was a pain to do. :)


I used this brown print scraps from my "someday I'll make a quilt" box to make a bias tape to enclose the hemline, face the waistband and line the pockets. Every time I see the little brown print, I have to smile. When I peek into the pockets or fold my pant legs up when that extra length I added is too long for around the house. It's such a cute touch!



I am very particular about the length of pants when they are worn with boots or heels. I can't stand it when they look like they are too short; that's careless and sloppy. To avoid it, I have to add length to all pants patterns I make. It's just an adjustment one has to make.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I've tagged you for the six random things on my blog! ;-D

~Annie

Hannah said...

Oh, and cute pants too! I want to make a pair after our trip.:-D